03 September 2013

Writer's Block

Much of what I do to put food on the table involves writing. Specifications, reports, newsletters, memos, simple correspondence, and this - my blog.

All the other stuff has a purpose, an agenda if you will. The outline , the format, the intent, and occasionally even the content can be predetermined. Sometimes this all may be a business variation of paint-by-numbers, albeit hopefully with some intelligence and business acumen to make it cogent.

This blog, on the other hand, has no prerequisites. I can write about whatever suits my fancy.  Recently I read another that I like to follow entitled "Nothing Special". It seemed like a drawn-out Tweet or Facebook post - decidedly humdrum. I wondered what prompted it.

I normally want these postings to be germane to my business purpose, but how could this be when nothing truly unique comes to mind? Maybe I should write about why I like two spaces between sentences, but Blogger messes with my formatting when I do that. But, that would be "Nothing Special". Don't lose faith, the next post will have more content.

No comments: